Friday, May 12, 2006

The Beginning of an Alaskan Summer

The beauty around me is so brilliant it is tangible. You can see it, feel it, smell it, and almost taste it.
It is the beginning of summer in Alaska.

As temperatures soar to a welcome 63 degrees, the mountains surrounding this coastal town are a patchwork of blooming green and snowy white, against a backdrop of deep blue skies. Here in the Last Frontier, every day feels as though you are living in a postcard.

Soon our days will be filled with landscaping our wooded yard, playing among the wildflowers, climbing nearby mountain peaks, fishing icy, rushing rivers, biking Anchorage's miles of trails, and enjoying friends late into the midnight sun.

While I'd love to stay and chat for a while longer, I feel a higher calling today - a pull I can't resist...

...so I'm headed out to walk the beach with my husband and beautiful blonde pup, Abbey.

No comments: