Thursday, October 05, 2006

Iqaluit, Nunavut: A land of beauty and mystery

Yesterday I completed my monthly ritual of looking up online statistics to verify that my blog was up and running consistently. As I was whipping through the stats of people who had visited my site, I came across a location that caught me off guard: Iqaluit, Nunavut.

Realizing that this visitor was from the remote regions of the far north in Canada, I was excited and thrilled. I’ve had people from all over the world trip onto my site: from Europe, Africa, and
South America. But this was the first time I’d found someone who was from one of the small, coastal communities of the North Atlantic Sea.

As a person with a strange love for, and interest in, Arctic villages, I want to say a special welcome to you – whoever you are. Being an Alaskan myself (with a latitude quite close to your own), I can only image that your region is beautiful, your climate extreme, and your people warm in the coldest of nights.

I hope you drop by again, for I’m certain there is much we could learn and share about each other’s worlds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice in the new Pentecostal Herald that there is a Home Missions work in Iqaluit, Nunavut? I wonder if that was who checked out your blog. Hope you are doing well, and I have been checking back to see if you had another post. We are looking forward to seeing you next week at Prayer Conference!

Sarah :-)

Anonymous said...

PRAISE OUR HOLY & MERCIFUL LORD! I,FOR MANY YEARS HAVE HAD A YEARNING TO VISIT YOUR LOVELY LAND AND SHARE MY LORD'S LOVE WITH THEM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A 'STAKER'FOR A VISIT ,PERHAPS I COULD DO THAT? MY PASTOR IS REV. FIELDER, PORTAGE, IN. THE ARTICLE ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE 'MANTLE' WAS ONE I DEEPLY RELATED TO. MAY GOD SMILE ON YOUR WORK FOR HIM THERE!!