Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spending time with God

This morning, as I sit nibbling on my granola before heading out to work, I’m overwhelmed by the sight of the sun glistening off the frost outside. More and more it appears as if summer is fighting its way back to the North. Its exciting to see the seasons change and observe the beauty in each.

It is amazing how God knows exactly when we need a fresh touch from him. A friend and I began talking last night about our lives and hunger to be in the exact place that we were designed to me. As we began to pray with each other, God swept in the room in a powerful and beautiful way; like only he can. Soon, the myriad of overwhelming situations melted away and was replaced by the peace that I’ve become so dependent upon.

There is nothing quite like spending time with God.

No comments: